Yes, shopping requires strategy… Especially if you’re making one of those infrequent trips to a big outlet mall 1.5 hours away.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. You will be doing a lot of walking
- Wear stuff that’s easy to take on and off if you plan on shopping for clothes. Re-buttoning a shirt 20 times gets annoying…. And layers are annoying too.
- Bring a water bottle. Vending machines are evil money-sucking monsters.
- Only buy things you really want, and not because they’re cheap (everything’s cheap(er)). Some stores have limited return policies, and it’s not worth making the 1.5 hr drive out again just to return something.
- Umm…. buy stuff. And hope you still like it by the time you get home.
That being said, I went to the Waterloo Premium Outlets today. After a long and fun day of shopping with a friend, I came back with ~$150 of merchandise. Here are some things that motivate Eva to spend money (+ some basic tees from Old Navy):